There’s never a dull moment in the digital world, and Facebook always knows how to keep it spicy.
Here are three things you need to know about the latest updates.
Apple Vs Facebook: The Privacy Update Saga
In December 2020 Apple announced new privacy changes which will fundamentally change mobile advertising on iPhones. In a nutshell, personalised ads will no longer be as effective to iPhone users. Around 42% of New Zealanders use iOS, so this is a big deal. Facebook didn’t respond to this news kindly, and vowed to defend small to medium size business before the proposed rollout early 2021.
What does this mean for you? Wherever the chips may fall, continuing to share top quality content is the best way to engage and grow more followers.
New and Improved Facebook Pages
Facebook are rolling out the redesigned Facebook Pages experience that makes it simpler for public figures and creators to build community and achieve their organisational objectives.
- Redesigned layout that’s simpler and more intuitive
- Dedicated News Feed to discover and join conversations, follow trends, interact with peers and engage with fans
- Easy navigation between Personal Profile and Business Pages
- Updated task-based admin controls giving trusted Page Admins full control or partial access
- Actionable insights and more relevant notifications
- Safety and integrity features to detect spammy content and impersonator accounts.
Facebook Page Likes Are So 2020
Facebook are removing Likes and focusing on Followers to simplify the way people connect with their favourite Pages. Unlike Likes, Followers of a Page represent the people who can receive updates from Pages, which helps give public figures a stronger indication of their fan base.
Want to find out how we can help you reach your 2021 goals, or want to chat through how these updates effect you? Get in touch!